Diary - March 15, 2022
I write things down to keep me awake.
- There are two types of data compression methods: lossless and lossy. Lossless means we can recover perfectly the original data from the compressed data. On the other hand, lossy just means approximate recovery.
- The Apple Lossless Audio Codec (ALAC), the lossless data compression method developed by Apple, was made open-source in 2011.
- Go version 1.18 was released on this date adding support for fuzz testing, the first major language to do so.
- There is a cool website named Built With that when you enter a website, Built With will show what kinds of technology or framework that the website uses.
- Just realized that the Ubuntu logo looks like The Sharingan from Naruto.